As soon as two people decide to get married, the joy of the idea fills their days. That is, until the preparations for the wedding begin. Once that happens, the days are filled with endless decisions. Choosing the wedding planner who fits the couple’s budget and who has the experience needed to supply the needs of the desired wedding will be important. Professional wedding planners are equipped to help the couple through the daunting process.
Types Of Planners
Depending on the couple’s budget and needs, they will have to choose between the different types of available planners.
- The “Day of Coordinator” might sound like someone who helps on the very day of the wedding, but actually, it is someone who helps during the last 30 days leading up to the wedding. This is a time that can be very hectic and therefore this type of planner can often be a life saver.
- The “Full-Service Planner” is there to help plan every single detail of the wedding. Often weddings are planned a year or more in advanced and this planner starts at the beginning and assists right up to the wedding day.
- Some planners only assist in securing a good location and help find suitable vendors to supply seating, photography services, accessories and other needs of the wedding.
Determine These Things Before Getting A Planner
Before a couple searches for a planner for their wedding, they will need to know a few details.
- What is the date of the wedding? Good planners are booked well in advanced, so the couple will need to know when they want to have the wedding to verify the planner is available for a wedding on that day.
- What is the total budget the couple has? The couple and the planner will need to know this to know there is enough to cover the planner’s fees and so that the planner can create a wedding plan that fits with-in the couple’s budget.
- What vision does the couple have for their wedding day? It is not uncommon for men to have very little idea what they want. But often the women have thought about this day since they were little girls.
The Wedding Planner Should Be A Good Fit
When interviewing the planner the couple should ask themselves some questions to determine if the planner will be a good fit for them.
- Did the planner and the couple’s personalities click?
- Did the couple feel the planner was prepared to work with-in the couple’s budget?
- Did the couple feel the planner listened to them and their ideas?
- Did the couple feel understood by the planner?
The right planner along with a couple who understands what they want, this day can be a great memory that lasts a lifetime. It is important to make the effort of finding a good planner to assist the couple’s efforts to ensure the day goes off without a hitch. Provided they plan their budget to match their image of the perfect wedding and get a planner to help their plans come to life, it will be the perfect wedding day.